Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Its Entertainment


The Mitchell report has shed a little light on the drug use of Major League Baseball. More than 60 players were named in the report. Because star players have been named this story is being covered on non-sporting news and talk shows. Sports are simply entertainment. People and the hobbies act like players shooting up is a disgrace, but is it really. Lets apply that same principle to other areas. Actors and Actresses spend lots of money in cosmetic surgery to enhance their sell-ablity. So are you not going to give an Actress an award because she added a couple of cup size or she had a brazillian butt lift? You are probably still going to see their next movie. Women are you not going to date a guy that take Viagor or other enhancement pills? Probably not, your going to continue to smile after every those orgasm. In the day of microwave success people want a competitive advantage and with as much money at stake risk are taken. Some of these things are morally wrong in public option, but its just entertainment and sterioded or human growth hormone injected athlete plays better. For my $75 they can take the stuff. It doesn't mean that they have to be a role model to your children.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

CapCity said...

Belated Happy New Year, Andrew! U must be off in some sunny place with a drink in your hand;-). Cheers, My good Man!

Unknown said...

Cheerio, good fellow! How goes 2008 for you, Andrew? I agree that the amount of attention that sports figures grab in American culture is ridiculous. As for the reference to cosmetic surgery and other American vanities and their connection to sports mania, I think people in our society are running to entertainment as a cheap and legal opiate in some sad times in our country. Look at the early 1900s, and you'll see a glaring similarities in the ways that people are trying to numb the pain of economic troubles, political fears, and complete bewilderment about what is and is not important now. It's just history repeating itself in some ways.

Jim said...

You may ask me how I know my Lord is real (my Lord is real)
You may doubt the things I say and doubt the way I feel (the way I feel)
But I know he's real today he'll always be (he'll always be)
I can feel his hand in mine and that's enough for me

I will never walk alone he holds my hand (he holds my hand)
He will guide each step I take
And if I fall I know he'll understand
Till the day he tells me why he loves me so (he loves me so)
I can feel his hand in mine
That's all I need to know

I will never walk alone he holds my hand (he holds my hand)
He will guide each step I take
And if I fall I know he'll understand
Till the day he tells me why he loves me so (he loves me so)
I can feel his hand in mine
That's all I need to know

I can feel his hand in mine
That's all I need to know

Jim said...

I have found a new Lover