Sunday, June 10, 2007

Life on Location


As you can see in the above video I'm enjoying my day. Being out on the water is extremely calming. So I'm sitting here drink in hand watching Game 2 of the NBA finals with friends.... Then I started thinking (you tend to do tis when you only have 70 feet of distractions before you hit the water.)

Friday I'm at a business mixer with a friend talking to a potential client aout chartering a yacht. My friend describes the yacht as simply space and what it intells is simply limited by your imagination. His initial services were dinner cruises, day spa and romantic kidnapping. Then he had other clients ask for a "girls night-out" pj party and a moraccan themed cruise.

Thinking a little further... LIFE is kind a like this boat I'm laying on... Its simply a space a space in time; what all it in intells is simply up to your imagination. "you have not becasue you ask not." You are the cpatain of the boat how d you want this space? Do you want to write that book; build that hospital; get that jet; buy that island; visit that monument, etc. Do you really? Picking that destination is so important. Like driving a car at night you can only see 200ft in front of you, but you have faith that you will get to your destination.

So lets take it to the next step, no just where do you want to go but what would you e wiling to give up to get there? Guilt, fear, doubt, your "secure job", fitting in etc.

What do you want out of life and what are you willing to give up to get there?

21 comments:

Impressionist said...

I donno what I want outta life.
Im sure about it. and i have absolutely nothing to give up!

lol

peace & love
Jeevy

Anonymous said...

tomorrow i'll add you in my links ok?! bye

curryegg said...

I know what I want. I just confuse and worried. After reading this post, I just know what I should do... Thanks for it.
;D

Shionge said...

Hiya...thank you for dropping by at my blog :D

Greetings to you and what I want? Whoa!! Just to enjoy life and spread some joy to ppl around me :D

Andrew The Asshole said...

Rejeev ~ I'm waiting for your book to come out!! You do great writing. I love the signature think you did how did you do that?

B ~ thanks for the love

curryegg ~ I'm glad the post helped you clarify your thoughts

S ~ you've brought me some joy by stopping by

Angry Ballerina said...

I don't know what I want. Wait, fuck that. I want more shoes, a bf whos hung like a rhino, lots of cash, a nice fucking house, and a BMW. Thats what I want, and I'll give my right lung to have it all.

Saadia said...

I want world domination

Andrew The Asshole said...

GG/angry b ~ I think I can help both of you get what you want. :D

CapCity said...

i want everything i want -have to give up blogging to get it:-)

Keshi said...

a non-MILF post from u...how interesing! :)


**What do you want out of life and what are you willing to give up to get there?

Many WANTS...but giving up what it seems required to give up, don't always bring em to u.


Keshi.

Impressionist said...

Its simple da.
I created a pic of my sig usin photoshopand uploaded it on photobucket and then copied the link and pasted it in my blog template in the blog post code.! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

Brotha Buck said...

Another beer.

Ticia said...

Hi Andrew...

Thanks for checking my blog out....
I replied to your comment if you wanna check it out....

Umm... I see you are very interesting.... I am going to enjoy reading your blog :)

Andrew The Asshole said...

Cap ~ yeah success is a little give and take

keisha ~ Yes I got range in my writing. I can stimulate body mind and spirit

Rajeev ~ thanx bro

Brotha ~ I'll take a vodka with pineapple

ticia ~ thanks I do have a wide range of topics and look forward to seein' you around here

Rell said...

I just want happiness and I'm willing to most of anything to get there.

nikki said...

life? i don't want jack out of life.

out of myself? plenty...starting with the drive to find my happiness with myself.

ain't nothing a sacrifice if it gets me closer to that goal.

dcsavvystar said...

happiness and peace of mind.. i'd risk it all to make sure i had it for me and my family. i really liked today's post!

Andrew The Asshole said...

Rell ~ Happiness is that a state of mind or a destination?

Nikki ~ people that are successful are exactly like that

DC ~ glad you like todays post.

Anonymous said...

Havent a clue what I want out of life......I just want to succeed with about EVERYTHING that I do....(LOL) I'll probably stop at NOTHING until that dream is FULFILLED.....! LOVE THE BLOG!! =)

Anonymous said...

Drew, That was unexpectedly deep! "you receive not because you ask not"
Man you put your foot in all kind of things with this post. Excellent.
Concur!

Andrew The Asshole said...

Lady ~ yeah stopping at nothing is the way to succeed... I see you on that road.

Sojourner G ~ thanks man... boating is great for thinking you have no choice but to slow down.