Thursday, October 4, 2007

One Powerful ASS



In this week’s Ask The Ass Monday, Ced asked me what my favorite book was. Above is an interview with author Robert Greene. His book, “The 48 Laws of Power,” has sold millions of copies in 20 languages. His follow up books, “The Art of Seduction” and “The 33 Strategies of War”, will become classics as well. As Scarface and The God Father developed a cult like following in the hip hop community, Robert Greene’s book are taking their place. He is currently writing a book with 50 Cents and developing a strategy based on his books.

I am bringing this up because I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to accomplish things with their life. My disclaimer is that this should not be the first “self-help” book you read. That would be like handing a kid the controls to a stealth fighter jet and they haven’t learned to shoot a gun.

I imagine you have wonder like I have wonder before, how did that guy get the corner office? Or, how did that guy get elected to that high of an office? How did he or she get that spouse? I think indirectly you can find the answer in The 48 Laws. The trick is, understanding what LAW to use in a given situation.

Here are 2 LAWS that I have found useful on a daily basis:

BE ROYAL IN YOUR OWN FASHION: ACT LIKE A KING TO BE TREATED LIKE ONE
The way you carry yourself will often determine how you are treated: In the long run, appearing vulgar or common will make people disrespect you. For a king respects himself and inspires the same sentiment in others. By acting regally and confident of your powers, you make yourself seen destined to wear a crown. Other people will believe in that destiny and help you get there.
GET OTHERS TO DO THE WORK FOR YOU, BUT ALWAYS TAKE THE CREDIT
Use the wisdom, knowledge and legwork of other people to further your own cause. Not only will such assistance save you valuable time and energy, it will give you a godlike aura of efficiency and speed. In the end your helpers will be forgotten and you will be remembered. Never do yourself what other can and will do for you.

Don’t float through life… consciously apply these LAWS and you’ll be amazed how simple the game is when you know the LAWS.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I don't know where you get the wisdom, but I'll tell you I don't mind coming through and shoplifting some of it!

dc_speaks said...

hahahahaha. um. those are interesting laws to live by. perhaps i'm just a tad bit different. but if it works, then it works!

lol.

have a great one, andrew!

danzer1986 said...

wow interesting post.. ill be sure to chk the books out

i agree with that.. ur own fashion!

Anonymous said...

hey u should really visit that chicks site the one that comment b4 me.... danzer1986.. lol her site is hilarious the way she talks of her sex life..

dude u cant miss it!

Muze said...

yeah....i love his books. the art of seduction is friggin awesome. and this book. but why is writing a book with 50 cent? ewwww.

Michelle said...

GET OTHERS TO DO THE WORK FOR YOU, BUT ALWAYS TAKE THE CREDIT
umm how bout doing it urself...and doing it well and taking the credit for something YOU did...

Andrew The Asshole said...

sojourner G - Definately shoplift the knowledge, I know I do. Wisdom is applying a successful people's experiences. Going through something yourself waste time and money.

DC - Its just a matter knowing when you apply each law

danzer1986 - I'm definately going to come through and check you out

Andrew The Asshole said...

muze - I'm not sure about the complete details of the book, but I think it will be a modern/younger version of the 48 Laws

Michelle - Think of any business the employee does the work and the CEO takes credit and the money. Even some of your best selling authors or singers have editors and writers that actually do the work.

Keshi said...

Andrew if I follow those rules, I'd only end being a ROYAL pain in the ASS to others? LOL!

Keshi.

Saadia said...

I've heard it's a great book--I'm going to order it on Amazon RIGHT NOW! Thanks, Andrew!

See you in my dreams...

hottnikz said...

I'm feeling this post, especially the get others to do shit for you thing. I've been wondering how in the hell a certain analyst at my job obtained her current position. She knows nothing about her job, and is always getting others to do things for her. The flunkeys never get credit and they do mostly all the leg work for nothing! Couldn't be me. So that's what it takes to get ahead, eh? I've got to read this book, thanks for the post.