Thursday, July 5, 2007

How Open Is Too Open


Yesterday Brandon from Intellegent Ignorance asked me to write an article on relationships and cheating. Knowing that I usually give more than asked he got more than he bargained for.

What’s the point of a relationship if you know that you or your partner is going to cheat? With the divorce rate at more than 50% and infidelity in “committed” relationship and marriages are even higher, why don’t you just go to your partner and say, “Hey, I love you and I enjoy spending time with you, but from time to time I’m going to get emotionally and physically satisfied else where. But I don’t love them, I love you.”

Is Honesty really the best policy? Or as a society do we prefer to be lied to? All these questions came about when a friend of a friend, will call her Kim, asked her husband if they could join a swingers’ club. He said YES!!!

I’m sure that sex before marriage is wrong in most religions, (so is lying and cheating) so if your argument is going to be from a moral stand point… I hope that you and your spouse are virgins on your wedding night.

So how open is too open for relationships????

Read the full article HERE!!!!!!

14 comments:

Vi said...

I guess I'm the traditionalist. When I'm in a relationship, I think it should only be the two of you. I'm not in a relationship at the moment, so it's fine to have multiple partners! I've never cheated while in a relationship, and I never will. And I will never be with somebody who has a partner, as I wouldn't want it to happen to me.

Saying that, I read blogs who are into 'open' relationships, and I think, if you 'can't' be faithful to one person, it's best to be open about it (as long as your partner doesn't mind!)

`NEFTY said...

Definitly feeling you on this one, which is why I can't get married. I would probably cheat... Him too likely lmao. Anyhows, definitly sad to ruin love && relationships for sex but that's the world now, huh? && you forgot to mention the bachelor's party! Hehehehe=P




......However, I don't want no virgin:]]]]lmao!

Anonymous said...

loving someone and having the hottz for some one are two different aspects


having the hottz is fleeting
loving someone and having the hottz for that someone is what love stories are made of

Anonymous said...

It says right there in my kindergarten report card: doesn't share well with others.

Ticia said...

I agree Jaded Angel...I don't share BOO!! I don't and I can't---
Whats mine is MINES!!!

CapCity said...

i'm w/ jaded angel & ticia...do NOT share well with others....hence, my hesitancy in the whole relationship dance...

Andrew The Asshole said...

The ladies have spoken... What's the point of being in a relationship if you can't be faithful. You should be honest up front.

Shai said...

I agree with Jaded Angel.

Anonymous said...

drew...I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think you are one of the most thoughtful cats out there. You do provoke self examination.

Continue to do you man.

Andrew The Asshole said...

I try to live outside the box as much as possible. most people float through life, which is not good.

Pallav said...

Dude...the reality is that nobody wants the truth.

People are happy in their own little lie-bubbles, that goes for relationships and almost everything in life...but then again that's just my opinion.

Honesty in a relationship is as rare as love. Cuz, even when people are faithful, they always have doubts about the other person.

Human nature!!

Brilliant!

:)

N

Lola Gets said...

I belong to a swingers club, and have held a membership for several years. I think people should be honest with each other, and instead of holding each other to hard rules of "monogamy", perhaps allow for some "openness" at some points in the relationship.

I know lots of married couples in which the partners cheat - repeatedly! I find that in most of those relationships, it leaves the non-cheater (if there is one) angry and bitter, and who wants that?

I am friends with a lesbian couple, and one of them is a chronic serial cheater, and has been all her life. WHY these two women try and cling to the monogamous ideal, when they both know good and well that one of them cant handle it, I have no idea.

Some people can be monogamous, some people cant. Instead of forcing folks to be what theyre not, why not accept them for who they are? Save ourselves some trouble! lol
L

Lola Gets said...

Oh, and if you go to my blog, I do write about my experiences in "The Lifestyle."

Anonymous said...

People should read this.